ARE & SUPPORT(C&S) PROGRAM OFFICERS, IHV-NIGERIA – (Sokoto, Kebbi, Kogi, Benue and Katsina States)
Our Institute is a leading provider of treatment, care and support for people living with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Malaria and other infectious diseases with headquarters in Abuja and Regional offices in Benin, Jos, Kano and the Federal Capital Territory. We require competent and result-oriented candidates to fill the position above.
The C&S program officer is a position for officers with a social science, Public Health or Nursing background. S/he must have at least 5yrs working experience within communities and Health Care facilities. S/he should have worked closely with clients and provided family centered care. The Care & Support program Officer reports directly to the State/Regional Manager.
The C&S RPO should have any of the following qualifications:
1. General Nursing/Midwifery Certificate with up to date practicing license
2. Public Health Nursing degree/certificate with an up to date practicing license
3. Degree in clinical psychology or Sociology.
4. Trained& certified as provider of Care and Support and HIV Counseling & Testing services .
SCHEDULE OF WORK:
• Mentor HCW, Nurses, social workers, Nutritionist, Volunteers& Counselors to provide quality holistic care to HIV/AIDS patients
• Create a sustainable Care & treatment team to deliver overall quality Health care to HIV/AIDS patients
• Ensure that the facility operates a functional and efficient client flow system
• Identify catchment communities and facilitate an efficient participatory service delivery for all stakeholders
• Conduct Advocacy visits to Key stakeholders within the facility and the catchment communities
• Identifying training needs for facility & Community staff and organize trainings
• Initiate, coordinate and conduct community outreach activities
• Draw-up Quarterly C&S action plan.
• Write and submit monthly reports of activities executed to the Program area lead and Head Office
• Ensure accurate and timely data collection/reporting to M&E& Management teams
• Coordinate TB/HIV service integration
• Conduct case finding of TB, HIV & malaria cases at community levels
DUE DATE: 10 October, 2012
Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Senior Human Resources Officer, within two weeks of this publication, through this email address: email@example.com
Candidates should indicate appropriate positions and preferred locations in their application letter. IHVN is an equal opportunity employer.