Stanbic IBTC provides the essential foundations for our constantly evolving range of financial products and services. Risk is often the business unit that acts as the vital link in the powerful relationships we enjoy with our clients worldwide, and this division is now seeking an exceptional individual to help us build on our success. Because you will work with colleagues across the business, you need to be an independent thinker, with exceptional analytical and communication skills, as you will organise and negotiate measurable solutions to fulfill challenging targets, and support our corporate business objectives
Job Title: Team Leader, Customer Mandates(KYC)
To provide leadership in ensuring that all customer account opening packages received at the mandate centre is fully KYC compliant according to the Bank’s procedures to mitigate risk and eliminate fraud
and processed for safe custody and easy retrieval
- Control all new account opening from January 2012 received at the centre
- Ensure that communication with other business units is of a consistently high standard.
- Ensure that all business units queries are resolved within laid-down time frames
- Initiate root cause analysis and workshop it to prevent recurring queries/problems.
- Facilitate good communication between the Centre and other business units to ensure prompt resolution of queries/problems and provision of effective customer service.
Customer and Business Partner Relationship Management
- Implements initiatives to improve customer satisfaction ratings
- Engages in the Customer Value Proposition, Service Level Agreements and benchmark targets to ensure alignment to these requirements
- Develops and implements initiatives to reduce cost and ensures that budgets for the Account Maintenance area are met.
- Ensures that throughput is maximised throughout the Account Maintenance area by implementing principles of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma.
- Ensures effective, efficient and optimal utilisation of all resources (human and capital) to be responsive to competitive pressures, changing market conditions, client needs and business strategies.
- Identifies and defines operational performance metrics geared towards meeting country objectives by analysing the existing gaps.
- Collaborates with other areas to ensure that best practices and a standard approach is followed.
- Provides accurate and timeous MIS as per the matrix agreed with Centre (ROA Operations) to enable informed decision making.
- Authorise outward scanned documents for own department
- Identify major risks affecting the KYC compliance level and ensure that the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
- Monitor internal controls to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Recommend revision of controls to Business Support Operations, where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
- Promote staff and Customers awareness of KYC compliance through regular Knowledge sharing session and/or email communication
- Prepare detailed correspondence to Internal Audit when a special KYC investigation is required
- Attend to all KYC routine control issues
- Attend to all queries pertaining to Customer KYC issues and retrieval requests.
- Maintain database of all KYC compliant and deficient accounts bank-wide
- Drives a performance management and career development culture through mentoring and motivating in regular team and one-on-one meetings to ensure optimal performance and minimise staff turnover rate
- Lead and manage subordinates, providing guidance and coaching where required
- Control all issues relating to casual and temporary staff, including staff returns, warnings, disciplinary, etc.
- Assist with the appointment of staff when required.
- Ensure that staff are fully trained (permanent and casual) and coached with regard to routine compliance and KYC
- Ensure KYC compliance tests are undertaken by staff concerned.
- Ensures that resources are skilled across the different processes to enable cross product and cross function workload balancing.
- Control and scrutinize the Staff Attendance Register.
- Conduct regular staff performance discussions, interim and annual appraisals.
- Attend to leave, training and Saturday schedules for own department.
- Conduct regular staff meetings and teambuilding exercises, as required.
- Identifies appropriate formal and occupational (informal) training needs and courses (internal/external) to develop oneself.
- Up-Skills oneself regarding new products and procedures through attendance of workshops/presentations and reading of internal and external communications.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Basic Tertiary institution Degree
- At least 4 years experience in banking operations with a good understanding of regulatory requirement for KYC ideally within the financial service sector
- Practical experience managing accounts
- Leading, managing and developing people
- Managing projects
- Building and maintaining relationships
Application Closing Date
26th December, 2012
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested candidates should
Click Here To Apply Online